VP, Engineering, Mental Health - Downtown Vancouver
Our client is experiencing rapid growth in the digital mental health space. This unique game-changing platform empowers organizations to take a proactive technology-based approach to create healthier teams, resulting in significant ROI for employers and happier, more resilient employees.
The company is VC-funded with an entrepreneurial culture. They have a rapidly expanding clientele of significant organizations and a resultant 2.5X growth in 2019; they’re right on track to repeat this in 2020. With stable leadership, a strong team, rapid revenue growth, and good funding for the required runway, this company fulfills all the elements of a winner.
They are now ready to take their engineering leadership to the next level. Reporting to the CEO, and partnering with an experienced VP of Product, the VPE will be responsible for full product development, including mobile delivery. The VPE will be part of the management team and work closely with Product and the Therapy Team to advance the technology and engineering strategy, with a significant impact on product direction.
· Design and communicate a technology strategy to management, board members and investors ensuring that objectives are achieved, risks are managed and resources are used responsibly
· Lead, manage and conduct code reviews for our technical team (Engineering, QA, DevOps, etc.)
· Manage our technology stack, design and implement system architecture using industry best practice and evolve it as needed to meet product and business needs (Current stack includes Java (8 or higher), Spring, Springboot, J2EE, PostgreSQL, JPA, Hibernate, Quicksight, Jenkins, TeamCity, Wazuh, Liquibase, REST, GIT, Maven, JBoss (Wildfly), AWS (EC2, RDS, IAM, Lambda, S3, Route 53, CodeDeploy, SNS)
· Implement key processes to manage high availability SaaS operations including sprint planning, daily standups and other scrum practices.
· Maintain InfoSec and regulatory compliance, such as HIPAA, PIPEDA, CASL, CAN-SPAM, and GDPR
· Maximise grant opportunities (IRAP, SR&ED)
Skills and Requirements
· Proven team building and management ability for both in-house and external engineering teams
· Skilled and organized project manager and process builder
· Systems architect with a background in Java, Spring framework, web app and native mobile apps
· Strong background in cloud-based software development and operations (AWS)
· Ability to perform code reviews, analyze and choose appropriate technologies
· Experience building out scalable and repeatable development processes
· Previous experience in start-up/growth-stage company
Nice to haves
· Background in healthcare or digital health apps
· Experience with AI, machine learning, big data and emerging technologies such as NLP, wearable health monitoring, emotion tracking.
A competitive compensation package is offered as well as a friendly, supportive and collaborative work environment. Please reach out if this seems like something you may be interested in.
Kim Brooks email@example.com
Amanda Du Toit firstname.lastname@example.org