Product Manager, Langley, BC, CFADT-193000
Product Manager, Langley, BC, CFADT-193000
You are the driving force behind the development of new products. As Product Manager, MDE & Smart Home, your mandate is to ensure business success through the entire product lifecycle (product conception, development, roll-out, field deployment, market penetration and phase out).
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, the Product Manager MDE & Smart Home will identify new products to be designed and built, specifically Media Distribution Enclosures, related accessories and parts suitable to be used in Smart Home environments. He/she is responsible to validate the product specification and sales outlook with sales, marketing, distributors and customers and support the Product Solution Development Process.
You will work in collaboration with the engineering team to coordinate the technical aspects of product development projects and to successfully establish new products, features and applications in the Telecommunication, Connected Home, A/V and Home Security markets. In this role, the PM represents the vital and business relevant connection between sales, customers, the market in general, and engineering.
As Product Manager you will explore new product opportunities in the marketplace and contribute to the business strategy of the company. A unique combination of technical and business skill set coupled with excellent communication skills and the ability to develop close relationships to internal and external customers are required to excel in this role.
· Determine customers' needs and desires by specifying and executing the research needed to obtain market information.
· Recommend the nature and scope of present and future products by reviewing and validating product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas or product changes; evaluate feasibility, cost and maintenance requirements of design requests.
· Deliver and own a forward-looking product roadmap that considers the market, competition and technology advancements and compliments the overall business strategy.
· Advocate new product ideas within the product development process, backed by a strong business case and value proposition. Take responsibility specifically for the research phase of the process and constructively contribute to all later phases. Maintain a high level of communication with all stakeholders involved.
· Bring new products to market in collaboration with all internal stakeholders.
· Moderate New Product Development meetings.
· Assess market competition, create reports comparing Primex’ products with competitors' products.
· Assess customer network specifications and assist in procuring specified components and work towards value engineering part substitutions where possible to increase value.
· Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
· Provide documentation, detailed instructions, drawings or specifications to illustrate how devices, parts, equipment or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained or used.
· Develop and coordinate aspects of production, of manufacturing methods, assembly, fabrication and operation of product designs.
· Coordinate with onshore and offshore vendors for component parts. Some travel may be required.
· Investigate product failures and difficulties to diagnose faulty operation, and to make recommendations to improve performance.
· Support Sales by providing technical information to develop product sales strategies.
· Create feedback and product market data by close collaboration with sales and attending customer and trade show visits.
· Provide information for management by preparing product reports and analyses, answering questions and requests.
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and trade shows; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
· Support Management in the maintenance and development of Engineering procedures.
Skills & Qualifications:
· This role will require someone knowledgeable in product management best practices and experience managing a physical manufactured product(s).
· Strong technical ability and 5+ years relevant product management working experience.
· The ability to research and anticipate technology trends is essential in addition to understanding competitors and their ‘roadmaps’.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills along with excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
· Effective stakeholder management
· Intellectual curiosity, creativity and a passion for technology would be advantageous.
· Project management skills demonstrated through a PMP designation or work experience would be an asset.
· Demonstrated ability to understand and develop plans and strategies to clearly communicate complex business issues and technological solutions.
· Ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams and various geographical locations.
· An academic background in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or product design would be an asset.
· Knowledge and experience in the following would be considered an asset:
- Solid understanding of the telecommunications market and specifically the role of fiber optics in relation to FTTx market, structured wiring and Smart Home technologies.
- Last mile equipment, termination and technologies – Fiber and Copper.
- Understanding of role and evolution of both active Ethernet and PON networking systems as well as working familiarity with RFoG systems and new triple play technology developments.
- Patents and IP strategies
- Familiarity with compliance engineering, UL, CSA and/or Bellcore/Telecordia.
· Competitive base salary, profit sharing
· Comprehensive health benefits plan - medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D
· MSP coverage, RRSP matching program
· Family-feel, team-oriented, collaborative environment