Director of Sales, Vancouver, BC, CF-193400
Due to continued growth, Nanozen needs an experienced and successful Director of Sales to manage and grow their direct sales and distributor channel. To be considered for this role you have previous experience building a sales team to cover North American and International sales. This is a hands-on hunter field sales role and only “do’ers” should apply. You bring experience in lower unit sales as well as orchestrating large six figure deals.
You have experience selling instrumentation equipment, or similar, and have negotiated agreements with large distributors in the past. Experience selling into heavy industries such as mining, pharmaceuticals, construction, oil & gas, aerospace, etc. will be a definite asset.
This role comes with a competitive salary and strong incentivized variable compensation package. There is a Healthcare benefits package and stock options. There will be travel up to 40%, to the USA and globally, as required. This is a Vancouver-based role, but Calgary will be considered
The Director of Sales reports to the CEO.
· Develop and present a thorough account and territory plan within your first 60 days
· Manage direct and indirect sales
· Build, manage and grow a professional sales team over time
· Aggressively build sales and sales pipeline
· Generate leads and build your sales funnel via prospecting (Email, Phone, LinkedIn, Conferences, etc.) jointly with marketing
· Respond to, and qualify, incoming leads
· Attainment of sales quota, pipeline targets, and accurate sales forecasting
· Create RFP’s, as required, and negotiate favourable pricing and business terms
· Understand the competitive landscape and customer needs
· Work closely with marketing to define campaigns, follow-up, and reporting
· Represent the organization in a professional manner and maintain strong client relationships
· Maintain and grow relationships with you partner network
· Develop a comprehensive strategy for identifying new high-value channel partners
· Vet and qualify all prospective partners and establish strong relationships with each channel partner
· Negotiate contracts with prospective partners
· Support partners by participating in high-value sales conversations with clients, remotely or in person, as required
· Continuously update the partners to new functionality and how best to deliver Nanozen’s value proposition to prospective customers
· Manage channel conflicts
· Provide feedback to Nanozen management and PLM on industry, market and competitive trends and feature requirements and assist PLM to define new product requirements
· Great people skills, including the ability to build rapport and lasting relationships with new and existing clients and partners
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Ability to lead negotiation of distributor channel contracts
· Detail-oriented personality who is organized and methodical
· 5+ years’ experience in product sales
· Proven success carrying, meeting, and exceeding quota
· Previous experience hiring, building and managing a small sales team
· Previous experience working in a small, entrepreneurial fast growing start-up
· Familiarity with Industrial Instrumentation is a definite asset
· Experience with MS Office and CRM applications
· Science degree (BSc, physics, chemistry, etc.)
· Successfully completed at least one professional sales training course (Holden, etc.)
About the Company
Nanozen, was founded in 2007 and is a leader in innovative approaches to aerosol exposure analysis for industrial workplace environments. Their mission is to design, build, and deliver leading edge technologies that drive new, emerging standards for workplace analysis and worker protection.
Did you know Nanozen:
· was a top 10 finalist in the 2014 New Ventures BC Competition;
· won the Vancity Social Venture Prize; and,
· won the City Innovation Prize
Know the air you breathe!
For more information about this opportunity, please contact: Colin Farrell at email@example.com or 604-639-9563 and reference CF-193400.