Director of Marketing, Vancouver, BC, CF-193300
About the Company:
InvestX Capital Ltd. is a disrupter. A young fast-moving company launched in March 2014, to take advantage of the changing securities regulations to disrupt the $30 trillion dollar wealth management industry. They provide investors access to pre-IPO investments in retail size allotments. InvestX has invested in more than 20 of the world’s leading private companies including: Spotify, Dropbox, DocuSign, Lyft, Uber, Pinterest, and many others.
Position Description & Key Qualifications:
InvestX is seeking a highly motivated Director of Marketing to be the maestro of building their brand and telling their story and unique offering. This is your opportunity to build a marketing function the way you know it will work -- to catapult InvestX. An opportunity to bring your great ideas, execution capabilities, and passion for growth.
Build and execute a marketing strategy to position InvestX as the thought leader in their market segments, build the InvestX brand, and drive the marketing function to support sales. You know how to connect humans to brands. This role reports directly to the CEO.
· Understand who your customers are, define your target markets and personas
· Target, position, and activate your prospects
· Build and execute social media and influencer strategy
· Generate PR in social, financial media and conference speaking opportunities for InvestX
· Build and write stories, PR, and marketing copy
· Generate inbound leads for the sales team.
· Develop marketing campaigns, online lead generation, collateral, white papers, webinars, promotions, etc.
Work with an associate who reports to you to build capability in the highest payoff areas
· Co-manage campaigns with external marketing partners
· Inbound marketing: manage and optimize social media channels
· Work with sales, investments, distribution, and compliance
· 10+ years’ experience in progressive marketing roles
· You have a deep understanding of the digital eco-system – PR, content, social, influencers, etc.
· You’re entrepreneurial and a strategic thinker
· You are a hands-on generalist who knows how to leverage internal and external resources to execute at the highest levels
· You demonstrate high intellectual maturity, you are self-motivated, exhibit high energy/desire and are extremely passionate about what you do
· Your scrappy with money, independent, and results orientated
· Strong writer with ability to produce copy appropriate to the communication piece and its audience
· Flexible and adaptable
· Effective communicator (written and verbal) with sound interpersonal and team building skills
· Solid knowledge of capital markets industry a strong asset
· High skilled ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and work under pressure in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
· The company culture is based on transparency, teamwork, a value-based approach, and an entrepreneurial spirit
· Competitive compensation package and the opportunity to earn equity
· This is a Vancouver-based role, there is a relocation allowance available.